People really want to know how to use Trader Joes’s Thai Green Curry Sauce. I mean, really. It’s one of the most searched terms that lead people to my blog, something I know thanks to really digging into the world of SEO and Google Analytics lately. I conveniently had a half jar of the sauce left over from my last recipe and figured I’d share another one with ya’ll!
Chickpeas & Peppers Green Curry
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons olive or coconut oil, divided
- One 15 oz. can of chickpeas
- 2 bell peppers cut in strips, any color
- 1/4 onion, sliced
- 1/2 jar Trader Joe’s Thai Green Curry Sauce (or more if you like a very saucy curry)
- Splash of water
- Chopped scallions and cilantro, optional
- Put the rice, cup of water, and a 1/2 teaspoon of oil in a rice cooker, and let cook while you prepare everything else. Or make rice however you prefer.
- Put the remaining oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Once the oil is glossy, add the onions and peppers and stir occasionally until they have a bit of char on them.
- Add the chickpeas, curry sauce, and a splash of water (I like to run the jar under a little water to loosen up the rest of the sauce to pour in! and turn the heat down to low. Let everything warm up thoroughly and remove from heat.
- Serve over rice with chopped scallions and cilantro, if desired.