I love looking back at these reflective surveys each each and seeing what I was thinking, feeling, and experiencing at the time. Some things never change, and some things do, radically. Here are ones from New Year’s Eve 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011.
1. What did you do in 2015 that you’d never done before?
Went on our honeymoon (6 years later), turned 30, got some minor surgery, started our kitchen remodel on the determination that I’ll further my financial means in the upcoming year.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I was better with money. I saved an extra $200 or more from most paychecks and I saved about 3/4s of my freelance checks, in addition to picking up some more writing. I think my three biggest goals for the next year are to make more income, enjoy my close friends’ weddings, and do a little more traveling with Patrick.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, several friends had kids, and second ones.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Puerto Rico! Finally. I left the main land, even if it was to go to a US territory.
6. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?
More money (still). As someone who graduated into the worst economy in recent history, I have not gotten up to where I want to be salary wise and it held true in 2015.
7. What dates from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
September 28, the date I had surgery. I couldn’t be happier with the results.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Just going for things instead of assuming I have to wait for some point in the future. Going on our trip, surgery, home improvements.
9. What was your biggest failure?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Not really, just the usual sinus congestion.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Where did most of your money go?
Food! Beer! Food! Beer!
13. What did you get really excited about?
Our trip. This year has gone by so fast though.
14. What song will always remind you of 2015?
I don’t think I had an anthem for the year.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? Happier, 99% of the time
– thinner or fatter? Fatter because I haven’t been able to exercise the past three months
– richer or poorer? Definitely poorer because I took on some major debt in the last quarter
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
18. How did you spend Christmas?
Lunch with my dad then to Patrick’s parents.
19. What was your favorite TV program?
It’s old of course, but I’ve been obsessed with Gossip Girl lately, Netflix and chill style.
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
Ooh. I read a lot of good ones with my book club and on my own, but my GoodReads list is the best way to keep up with that
21. What was your favorite music from this year?
Same classic rock that it always is and always will be.
22. What were your favorite films of the year?
Did I even go to a movie this year? I really don’t know if I did. If I did, remind me, but clearly it wasn’t memorable enough.
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 30 in Puerto Rico! We just walked around and went to dinner and had some traditional PR cuisine and pina coladas for me.
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Either having more money or being more ripped. Or both.
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2015?
I culled my wardrobe of things that didn’t fit or were worn out, and didn’t buy a whole lot, except what I did buy, I made sure it was timeless and worthwhile.
26. What kept you sane?
The stability and comfort of my life.
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015.
JUST DEW IT.
Also to see what I’m doing in the coming year, follow me on Instagram for daily-ish posts!