Robin nominated my blog for a Liebster Award, thanks lady!
How it works: Share eleven facts about yourself. Answer eleven questions from the person who gave you the award. Nominate eleven blogs and list eleven questions for them to answer.
Questions from Robin:
1. If you could change an event in a book/movie/TV series, what would it be? I would make Desperate Housewives be less deadly even though that would make it lose half of it’s appeal.
2. If everyone in the world was going to read your next blog post, but all you could do was share a quote, what quote would you want everyone to read? “The work will wait while you show the child the rainbow, but the rainbow won’t wait while you finish the work.” – Pat Clifford
3. What is the worst or most strange gift you have ever received? What did you do with it? I’ve gotten some strange gifts for sure, and I think the most easy to remember (ie: recent) one is a marshmallow gun from my in laws this last Christmas. One for me, one for Patrick, plus a sack of mini marshmallows each. The dog loved that gift since there were mini marshmallows being shot all over the house that night. I finally hid those things somewhere.
4. If you could say anything to anyone from high school right now, what would it be? What’s up suckas? I had an okay time in high school but still didn’t really know who I was enough to embrace the experience fully. I enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere of tech college and the university much better.
5. What charity/organization would you donate a million dollars to if you could? Pet rescue and rehabilitation organizations that championed spaying and neutering + education.
6. You are given to power to turn into an animal at will. What animal do you choose? A bat because they can fly but are still warm blooded.
7. What advice would you give to someone who has just graduated from high school? It’s way better now, believe me. Even if you will have to pay your own bills. Having the power to make your own decisions and see the positive results gives you great confidence in your own abilities.
8. Do you have a “go-to” dinner recipe – something that is always well-liked and/or is easy to make on short notice? Either spaghetti with red sauce, veggie burgers, or stir fries.
9. This is a common question, but I like it. If you could have dinner with any famous person who is alive or dead, who would it be? I never have a good answer to this because I don’t really care/know about famous people. Maybe with some really good writer that has a bunch of good stories and liked to drink.
10. Is there a discontinued food, drink, toy, or product that you wish was still around? Trying to think… of something… I forget about things if I don’t actively keep them in my mind. I don’t know if it’s still around or not but I’d love to have this pineapple orange juice that I used to get at the 14 Carrot in Lexington when I was 18 or 19. It mixed great with vodka for a beginning drinker.
11. What is a pet peeve of yours? Unnecessary noise making! Whistling, children allowed to shriek for no reason, tapping heels on hard floors.
So, I’m going to be the ball dropper and say, if you want to tag yourself by answering these questions in the comments section or on your own blog! Tell me about uuuu.