There’s a lot going on around town this weekend, so I thought a listing of all of the best stuff, weeding out the expensive and the snooze-worthy!
1. First off, know that it’s Homecoming Weekend at USC, and with that brings tons of celebrating, street closing, traffic, and boozing. USC will be facing off against Arkansas at noon on Saturday. Bring your mimosas to the tailgate or better yet…
2. Head out to the Soda City Market Saturday morning to get one of their super cool new logo shirts in addition to your morning veggies. I think I want the gray one (surprise, surprise, since half of my wardrobe is gray!). Might I suggest using a way to get to it that avoids as much of the southeastern blocks of town as possible (see gameday traffic, above). I’m going to try to make it there this week after failing last weekend.
3. And from there, the Korean Fall Festival is only a few blocks over on Richland Street (1412 Richland Street to be exact). Not only should it be delicious, but the schedule is filled with dancing, martial arts demonstrations, and plenty of culture!
4. Chill out on Sunday and take Yoga for Stress Relief at Sun Spirit Yoga Wellness in West Columbia. This class will be taught by the knowledgeable and bendable Pam Cauthen Meriwether (E-RYT-500) from 2-4:30 p.m., and only costs $35. You can register online SSYW’s main website.
5. Or… shop to relieve your stress! There’s a sale at the Old Mill Antique Mall by one of their vendors, The Atomic Owl. From the Facebook page, here’s the details:
“Holiday Open House today through this Sunday at Old Mill Antique Mall on State Street in West Columbia! 20% OFF any single item and 30% OFF of any two or more items from The Atomic Owl! Lots of new items being added today as we are expanding once again within Old Mill!”
* And it’s not this weekend, the Vista Lights is happening once again, on Thursday, November 15th from 6-8 p.m. The tree lighting will be at 7 p.m. at the tree between the Blue Marlin and the River Runner on Gervais Street. Here’s hoping it’s not too chilly this year! And if it is, you’ll probably find me at World of Beer, having a beer!