Stuffed acorn squash, soyrizo quiche, spaghetti? Ungh, all hot foods seemed to be a good idea when I was making a quick menu Sunday, based mostly on what was around the house and what required the least amount of grocery buying feasible. I ended up not needing to get groceries because Patrick got the one necessity (milk!) on a run to the store for other stuff, and I have been eating leftovers and making half-assed meals in a subconscious effort to avoid the oven.
In the spirit of being cool and brief, here are some inspiring recipes that have caught my eye as tasty, healthy, and requiring as little use of heat sources as possible that are going to make their way through the kitchen and into my belly through the next two hottest months of the year!
- Grilled Corn and Black Bean Salad from Perks of Being a JAP
- Lightened Up Sundried Tomato Basil Pesto Pasta from Oh She Glows
- Squash Ribbons at the Kitchn
- Wicked Easy Salsa from Peas & Crayons (Made some last week, YUM!)
- Tart Vanilla Frozen Yogurt from chocolate & carrots
- Wild Rice Salad with Miso Dressing from Sprouted Kitchen
- Margarita Ice Cream from the Food Network
- Lightened Seven Layer Taco Dip from Cheap Healthy Good
- Sweet Potato and Bell Pepper Pasta at Modern Man (a Patrick request)
- Spiced Lemon Rice from Bon Appetit
- Homemade Larabars from 100 Days of Real Food (YUM!)
Add suggestions please! I need to get out of the cook, cook, cook mindset and more into the raw, cold, easy food way of cooking!