1. If you have pets, do you see them as merely animals, or are they members of your family? Absolutely. If they are sick they get rushed to the doctor, they get fed and taken care of daily, and they know how to push my buttons. Of course they are family members.
2. If you can have a dream to come true, what would it be?
To be able to make a living off of my writing, and to live in year round perfect temperatures.
3. What is the one thing most hated by you?
Orneriness just for the sake of being ornery.
4. What would you do with a billion dollars?
Pay off houses (ours, parents, my aunt’s to name a few), start a dog rescue farm where dogs just go to live forever in fields with food and doghouses and toys, and buy a wakeboard boat and a person to maintain it for us. And a plane.
5. What helps to pull you out of a bad mood? Removing myself from the original stimuli that was present when the bad mood began. And food I shouldn’t eat, of course. And this…
6. Which is more blessed, loving someone or being loved by someone?
7. What is your bedtime routine? Prep the coffeemaker for the morning, fill my water bottle, lure Cherry into my room, brush teeth, wash face, plug in phone, get in the bed and read til I’m sleepy.
8. If you are currently in a relationship, how did you meet your partner? Magic.
9. If you could watch an creative person in the act of the creative process, who would it be? This might come across as vain but I’d like to watch myself as someone detached from me being creative, I think it’d be fascinating and would probably help to foster more creativity seeing what conditions it occurs best under.
10. What kinds of books do you buy? Cookbooks, inspirational books (like the Happiness Project), and inexpensive fluff fiction books from thrift stores or library sales.
11. How would you see yourself in ten years time?
I have no idea. I’d like to see myself as having my writing pretty “out there” in the form of being a columnist, or frequent freelancer, or maybe even starting on one of the books I keep threatening to write. I’d like for us to be paying off our house in exactly ten years (or less) and using that extra hundreds of dollars a month to do Really Awesome Stuff, because we’ll still be relatively young for Fun Stuff at ages 37 (me) and 39 (Patrick).
12. What’s your fear? Storms.
13. How do you like your current job?
I like it a ton better than my old one, let’s just say that! I took a pay cut and included a daily half mile walk from the parking lot to my office (and then back for another half mile) but I am really enjoying it so far. The only thing that sucks a little is I can’t go home for lunch as easily.
14. Would you rather be single and rich or married, but poor?
Ooh tough call. I’d stay unmarried if I could be rich without having to do anything for it. But I’d let Patrick live in my mansion still, in his own personal wing.
15. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?
Let Cherry outside to pee.
16. Would you give all in a relationship?
If I wanted to stay in it.
17. If you could pick a new name for yourself, what would it be? First name is fine, but if you’re feeling imaginative, you can do the whole thing. Hydrangea.
18. What’s your favorite magazine? I go back and forth between liking and not liking Marie Claire enough to keep subscribing. I also like Whole Living but don’t subscribe to it.
19. When it comes to patterns, what sort of patterns do you prefer? I seem to gravitate toward stripes and stylized florals.
20. List people to tag: I feel like I am imposing on people when I think about tagging them for memes so tag yourself and let me know if you answer the questions on your blog!