Whiiiich is why I am going to do this look back on the past year meme!
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Traveled to a conference, rode a train, and…
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I did not end up losing a cup size like I planned, but I did increase my exercising, only to crap out again towards the end of the year.
I made predictions for the future instead of resolutions this go round, because I like to be edgy and cool.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope, luckily! I don’t think children are the most precious special things in the world, so if a kid is born to me it’s like, “Well, okay.” Actually my coworker had a kid, now that I think about it.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Ha. I visited a country called “North of the Mason Dixon Line” for the second time in my life.
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
Smaller boobs less body fat. Is that asking for too much?
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
October 15- the day I ran my first 5k.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Honestly, just propelling myself through it was pretty amazing. Not that it sucked, just that I am looking forward to things that are yet to come.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not enjoying the weather when it was warm and life was calmer.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just minor annoyances like cold sores, periods, oh and spraining my ankle at the Art Bar trying to get on their deathtrap of a stage.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
NEW FRIDGE! I paid that bad boy off in December and am very proud of myself!
12. Where did most of your money go?
In my mouth. On eating out, groceries, coffee runs, fro-yo cravings, beer, God knows what all!
13. What did you get really excited about?
Going to the Healthy Living Summit in August. It was the highlight of my year, seriously.
14. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Carry On My Wayward Son by Kansas.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? Happier, because I sought it out as much as possible.
– thinner or fatter? About the same, but firmer now.
– richer or poorer? Richer, because my current job pays more, plus I’ve been good about not buying stupid stuff just to buy it.
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
18. How did you spend Christmas?
Cooking and cleaning for my dad and in-laws to come over for brinner. It was nice and relaxing.
19. What was your favorite TV program?
How I Met Your Mother.
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
of the year? I don’t keep up with book trends so, I am not sure.
21. What was your favorite music from this year?
Same ole classic rock that it always is and always will be.
22. What were your favorite films of the year?
Did Bridesmaids come out this year? That one was funnnny.
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 26, to the tune of eating and getting a pedicure.
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Finding that aforementioned career direction.
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Shift dresses when it was hot, pants and a shirt when it was not.
26. What kept you sane?
Husband and beer.
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
Things will happen whether you like it or not.