I thought I would try doing Ten on Tuesday this week!
1. What is the weather like in your city today? Getting steadily hotter. My city is “known” as Famously Hot. I say “known” because the city is trying to market that as a good thing, when anyone that’s ever been here in July knows the opposite. It’s hotter than the underside of the sun here.
(Original pre-Photoshopping photo credit: columbiacvb.com)
2. Do you like the zoo? It’s okay, Columbia actually has one of the best zoos in the country, but I’ve been there so much in my life that it’s just the same zoo (although they dp get new animals pretty often). I do love their Brew at the Zoo event!
3. Do you eat coconut? I love it. I’ve started experimenting with coconut milk as an ice cream base this year.
4. Have you ever hammered a nail? Are you good at it? I have, and actually used to have my own little hammer as a kid.
5. Does your family have a vacation destination that you visit often? Not anymore. As a kid we used to go to Daytona Beach for many consecutive years. I went back when I was 18 for my freshman year spring break with friends, and haven’t been able to make it back since. I want to establish a traveling tradition with my husband, but we haven’t been able to do that just yet.
6. How many pillows do you sleep with? Just one under my head, unless my back hurts, then another between my knees.
7. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up? Drink a sip of water, put on glasses, go straight for coffeepot.
8. Will you send your kids to summer camp? I won’t have kids to send.
9. What do you put in your baked potatoes? Sour cream, cheese, pepper, salt, and scallions. MMM.
10. Did you take swimming lessons as a kid? No, but I never remembered learning to swim either. Must have been something my dad taught me when I was really small, for which I am grateful. I can’t imagine not knowing how to swim, it’s like not knowing how to walk to me.