I am really in a funk lately. I have no reason to be: I’m making some progress on my goals at work, we just had a great weekend away, Husband is going to start a new job next month and he’s more jolly than he’s been in a long time, the warm weather is finally here, and everyone is healthy. It’s just some of the things on the surface that are bothering me such as:
- The skin on my face has gone on strike and it’s miserable. Dry patches, lines of blemishes, and general reddish discoloration. I don’t feel like I look myself and it just sucks. #firstworldproblems, I know.
- Can’t keep the house tidy. No matter how often I come through and clean up, there’s always junk sitting out everywhere. I want to be one of those people that can have a guest ready house in fifteen minutes. Even people with actual children manage it, why can’t I?
- Can’t enjoy the amazing weather. Everything is indoors. Work, the gym, aforementioned cleaning. Soon enough it’ll be balls hot and won’t want to be outside unless it’s in a body of water. I’m hoping the decent weather will hold through mid May so I can enjoy my 5 day vacation without blistering heat.
- Not seeing any measurable results from working out. Within the first three-ish weeks of going to the gym regularly this year I dropped the first five(ish) pounds. Now I can’t seem to get any more down. I know it is not about the number, but sometimes the number helps. Now for some positivity, my pants fit more loosely, I feel more toned, can run longer before getting winded, and am getting deeper in my stretches. But back to the gripes, that’s what ya’ll paid for, right?
- I sleep way too lightly for my living situation. Our house was built in 1957, which means no insulation in the interior walls. I live with a law school student (not the kind that burrows into the library for months at a time, like I thought they all did. Joke was on me.) and a husband whose schedule must be dictated by some alien planet on a different orbit than Earth. I keep a pretty tight sleep schedule, and also require silence and dark to sleep, neither of which I get unless I am alone by myself all night (which is rare).
Some of these things can be remedied easily, others not so much. I am getting an appointment with an esthetician for my birthday(!), and the body results will come. I may start doing weekly photos for encouragement, and the other things are out of my control for the time being. One day I’ll look back and laugh at these problems, but in the meantime, I plan to blow off some steam by possibly going to the shooting range and killing the outline man.